Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to remove locking wheel nuts?
On average we can remove all four locking wheel nuts in around 20 minutes, as long as they are not over tightened or damaged.
2. What area do you cover for your mobile service?
Technically we can attend any location in the UK, our call-out charge is based on mileage. However, if you are closer to one of our verified experts, then we may recommend you contact them instead to save yourself some money. Unfortunately, there are only around four companies across the UK that can do what we do and guarantee removal.
3. My local garage said they can try to remove them, why should I choose you?
Local garages do not have our custom made tools to safely remove your locking wheel nuts without causing damage. We go out to customers on a daily basis where a local garage or tyre shop has caused damage to the wheel and locking wheel nut. Often the cost of repair for the wheel alone costs more than our service and they will probably fail to remove them. We have a 100% success rate!
4. I have spoken to another locking wheel nut expert who states he can remove them for me, why should I choose you?
Here at Locking Wheel Nut Removal, we can remove any locking wheel nut from any vehicle without causing any damage to your wheels. If this expert knows what he is doing he should be able to guarantee to remove your locking wheel nuts without causing any damage. We advise you to confirm this with them before using their service.
5. I have a Jaguar/LandRover and I have heard that these types of locking wheel nuts are impossible to remove?
We deal with these types of locking wheel nuts on a daily basis, like all other locking wheel nuts we guarantee to remove these successfully with no damage!
6. I have a Citroen/Peugeot and I have heard that these types of locking wheel nuts are impossible to remove?
We deal with these types of locking wheel nuts on a daily basis, like all other locking wheel nuts we guarantee to remove these also with no damage!
7. I have watched someone remove a locking wheel nut online, why should I use your service?
The techniques you see online will fail 90% of the time. Most modern locking wheel nuts now consist of a spinning outer collar, this makes DIY removals impossible. We do not recommend you attempt to remove the locking wheel nut yourself as it will cause more damage to the nut and possibly the wheel making the cost of removal more expensive. We can however also remove stuck sockets from locking wheel nuts for people who watch too much YouTube.
8. Do I need to bring my own replacement locking wheel nuts with me?
No, this is not necessary. You are more than welcome to bring your own locking wheel nuts, however, we stock a wide range of genuine locking wheel nuts and locking wheel bolts, and our price is usually cheaper than the dealership due to us buying them in bulk.
9. What techniques do you use to remove locking wheel nuts?
We use our own custom made tools to remove your locking wheel nuts. Over the years we have managed to design and manufacture our own tooling to successfully remove all types of locking wheel nuts and locking wheel bolts. This is why we have a 100% success rate!